How can I purchase software?
All software purchases are now via the University of Queensland Work at Home download site.
If you wish to purchase any of UQconnect's remaining clearance sale software, simply click on the relevant apply now button above, to download and print the Campus Agreement Staff/Faculty Users Acceptance Form or SAS Master License Agreement Form, then follow the instructions provided.
Stock levels vary. Accordingly, we advise you to contact UQconnect, to check the software you are intending on purchasing is available.
SAS: Statistical Software
Current UQ students can use SAS: Statistical Software at home. Current UQ staff, who have licensed their UQ computer, can also use SAS: Statistical Software at home. Further information on SAS: Statistical Software, is available from UQ Licensing & Maintenance.
In order to take advantage of this offer, you must agree that:
- You are full-time equivalent [FTE] staff of the University of Queensland [ie. full-time, part-time or casual staff with an employee number] or staff employed within one of the approved colleges [refer to list below].
- You are using this software only for campus-related work at home.
- You are not licensed to use the software at home for personal purposes.
- You will remove the software if you terminate your employment with the University of Queensland.
If you would like to make a personal purchase, please visit our Discounted Staff and Student Software page.
List of colleges, staff must be employed within, to meet purchasing requirements
- Colleges Information Technology Group [CITG]
- CRC for Mining Technology and Equipment
- Cromwell College
- Duchesne College
- Emmanuel College
- Grace College
- International House
- Kings College
- St John's College
- St Leo's College
- The Women's College
- University of Queensland Union [UQ Union]
- UQ College
- UQ Health Care
- UQ Sport
Terms & Conditions
- Box is not included with software purchase.
- All prices quoted, are inclusive of GST.
- The exception to full-time equivalent [FTE] staff, is scholars, who whilst having an employee number, are students and therefore not eligible to purchase software under this agreement.
- Staff are entitled to purchase one copy of each product.
- Please choose carefully, as you are not entitled to a refund if you simply change your mind.
What do I do, if I have a problem with my software?
On occasion, the end users may experience a problem with software.
Invalid Product Key
One possible problem the end user may experience, is receiving a validation error after entering the software product key. If this occurs, typically, you can expect to see this message: "This is not a valid product key". In this instance, in accordance with our agreement with Microsoft, customers are required to contact Microsoft directly to resolve the issue. You can do so, by visiting the Microsoft website. However, Microsoft do advise end users to check the following, before contacting them for technical support:
- Confirm that a preinstalled version, or existing version of Office 2003, 2007 or 2010 is not already installed. If it is, uninstall the previous version.
- Run the Microsoft tools listed - How do I uninstall Office 2003, Office 2007 or Office 2010 suites, if I cannot uninstall it from control panel?
- Confirm how many times the product has been installed/reinstalled. The keys have a limited activation number and keys may stop working if the product has been installed/reinstalled more than 1 or 2 times.
If software purchased from UQconnect, is deemed to be faulty, customers should return the software to the place of purchase together with the original receipt/tax invoice, for an exchange or where that item is not in stock, a refund.
For further information on the above products, please contact UQconnect. If you would like further information on purchasing software via the University of Queensland Work at Home download site, please contact Information Technology Services - Licensing & Maintenance.
Page updated 27-02-2013